I also wanted to let you guys know that other than these two films, I may have less film reviews going up because I am currently watching the Amazon Original Series "Mozart in the Jungle" and may also watch "The Man in the High Castle", but I still plan to keep up on my Ascendant Independents challenge.
Speaking of the Ascendant Independents challenge, I wanted to update you on how those reviews will be classified. Any movie that I see that is classified as an independent film using the following criteria:
1. Its budget is below $10 million and its distributor is classified by Wikipedia as a distributor of independent films.
2. It is classified by Netflix as an independent film.
3. It screened at Sundance or another major independent film festival.
4. I saw it at a theater that specifically shows independent films.
5. The film's budget is below $500,000.
Through the criteria, I am trying to eliminate any films that I wouldn't really consider independent, but some may slip in that were poorly classified by Netflix or the theater, and I'm sorry if that ends up being the case. Also, I wanted to let you know how these reviews will be tagged. I will tag all movies that I consider to be independent as "Ascendant Independents". The first independent movie that I watch in the week that I have never seen before will be tagged as both "Ascendant Independents" and "Ascendant Independents (Challenge)". I would like to remind you that I classify a week as Sunday to Saturday.
Thanks for hanging in with me,